Prince immortel

Venez discuter ici de tout ce qui touche à l'abandonware.
Répondre
Fred_G
Legendary

Prince immortel

Message non lu par Fred_G »

Après avoir pu re-jouer à Another World et avant le remake de Barbarian qui va bientôt sortir, voila un nouvelle version de Prince of Persia sur iPhone:
http://www.pockett.net/n11549_iPhone_Pr ... Phone_iPad
Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.
-Colin Plumb, comp.sys.amiga
Fred_G
Legendary

Re: Prince immortel

Message non lu par Fred_G »

Jordan Mechner vient aussi de sortir un e-book:
http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/224 ... -journals/
Prince of Persia Creator Jordan Mechner Releases His Personal Journals
Jordan Mechner's candid personal journals from the 1980s have been released in ebook format, offering an interesting insight into the early days of the industry.

by Pete Davison
October 19, 2011 09:45 AM PT

Whether or not you know the name "Jordan Mechner," you likely know his hugely influential work Prince of Persia, originally released on the Apple II in 1989 and since ported to pretty much every computer and console system ever. You want a full list? All right: the Apple II, Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, PC, Sharp X68000, PC Engine, Sega Master System, Sega CD, TurboGrafx-CD, NES, Game Boy, Mac, SNES, Game Boy Color, Java mobile phones, and Genesis platforms all played host to the classic original game. The Mac version was included as a secret in the later The Sands of Time title from Ubisoft, and the game was also remade by Gameloft as Prince of Persia Classic for Xbox Live Arcade and PSN in 2007. It then spawned a number of sequels, the most recent of which we saw last year in the form of The Forgotten Sands.

Despite the fact that today the Prince is a household name (in gaming households, anyway) it wasn't always thus -- Mechner had very humble beginnings as he struggled to bring the Prince into being from his parents' basement after creating his first game Karateka. Recently, Mechner has been publishing entries from his journals from the '80s via his website as a form of "developer diary from the past," and has found that they resonated with modern members of the industry to such a degree that there was a strong demand to publish them in their entirety, warts and all.

"In the interest of accurately portraying the ups and downs of this period of my life over twenty years ago, I've resisted the temptation to edit out statements that today I find embarrassing, cringe-inducing or flat-out wrong," writes Mechner in the book's introduction. "Please understand that the journal entries reflect my state of mind when I wrote them, not what I think now."

The Making of Prince of Persia is available now via Mechner's website as either a PDF or a Kindle download. You can read the first 40 pages for free here.
Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.
-Colin Plumb, comp.sys.amiga
Répondre